I thought I had updated recently

I thought that I had put in another update recently, but apparently I must have dreamed that.

I finally got over my sickness right before Christmas. On Christmas eve day, I arrived at the old Nashville prison where Green Mile and Last Castle were filmed for the Metro Police Department toy/food basket program. The HOG chapter helped start this, and it has been going for 47 years now. Officers submit the names of families that they encounter throughout the year that will need some help for the holidays, and they are added to the list. This year over 220 families benefited from the program. What did I do for this? Each family get 4 bushel baskets of food. I was one of the 4 people on the loading dock who put these baskets into patrol cars and personal vehicles for people to go and deliver that morning. It was a great time. It was cold and rainy, but it was for a good cause, so you kind of have to look past that part of it.

I worked on Christmas, if you call finished season 1 of Burn Notice and starting season 2 work. I then hopped in the car and headed down to Dallas(Atlanta). Right when i passed Chattanooga, my car started losing RPMs and lurching. I had to drive slow the rest of the way, but I eventualy made it there on Christmas night. I took my Jeep to the dealership the next day, and found out more reasons why I will never get a car at Carmax again. The hoses to the vacuum for the fuel pump had been repaired with electrical tape instead of replaced, so that seemed to be what was causing the problem.

Christmas was pretty low key, as I got some things that I will need for the house, and then gift cards for Walmart, Subway and Las Palmas. It was nice to be away from work for a few days. Sirius loved it down in Atlanta, as he ran around with my nephew chasing him for 3 straight days.

As I was driving back to Nashville on Sunday, sure enough, right around Chattanooga, my car started doing the same thing again. It turns out my throttle sensor had crapped out. Almost 500 dollars later, I was able to get my car from the dealer in Franklin yesterday. So far it is working, but I will believe that when I see it.

The weather has been cold the last 2 days, but dry which was nice as the bike was my mode of transport. A few weeks ago I got some heated gloves, and was finally able to install them yesterday. Heated gloves are the best invention ever for a motorcycle I have decided. It is amazing how that little bit of heat can turn a cold day into an enjoyable ride. I am doing a polar bear ride on Saturday and then a trip coming up the following week to see the bald eagles at Reelfoot lake.

New years will probably consist of sitting on the couch watching a movie like it has the last couple of years. I might pick up the new Call of Duty with my Walmart gift card, and if I decide to do that, then I will be fighting the world wars all throughout the day.

Post to Twitter Post to Digg Post to Facebook Send Gmail Post to Reddit

0 Responses to “I thought I had updated recently”

Comments are currently closed.